Friday, April 18, 2014

CEMC Holy Week

It's time to celebrate Holy Week Scottish Methodist style!
Last night, there was a meditative service of cello music to provide some reflection for Maundy Thursday. I am now on my way to sing "Wondrous Cross" with the choir for our Good Friday service, an arrangement of choir chants, anthems, and congregational hymns that tell the story of the crucifixion. 
Sunday, I'll be in Nicolson Square at 5:45am for a proper sunrise service - followed by a breakfast at the church. (I am hoping there will be lots of hot cross buns.) We'll also have our regular 11am service, at which I have been promised the "Hallelujah Chorus". 
Scottish Methodist style apparently means musical. I'm okay with this!

Happy Passover, Good Friday, Easter, weekend, and/or whatever else you happen to be celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment