Thursday, November 28, 2013

Holland!

I have an amazing vivid memory of writing and publishing this blog post. But apparently I didn't. Sorry, folks.

Last Friday, I jetted away from bonny Scotland to Amsterdam!
...I was not doing what many people think of as weekend mini-breaks to the Netherlands. (Though it was very clear that some of the folks on my plane were.)

My mate Ally got married in September. I was supposed to be her maid of honor...and very distinctly wasn't because the UKBA still had my passport for visa processing and I couldn't leave the country.
But...enter the beauty of multi-national families! Josh is Dutch, with extensive and close family in Holland. They went to visit their Dutch family as a honeymoon of sorts, and also had a second wedding ceremony/blessing at their family's church there.

It was really lovely to see Ally again and meet her family. Also a joy, of course, to have a good excuse to see the Netherlands! Her family lives in Harderwijk, a small city smack dab in the middle of the country. Lovely train rides to and from the airport, a really cute town centre, and adorable Dutch children in festive hats and shoes, since Sinterklaas comes on 5 December!!


No comments:

Post a Comment