Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The NIFS Process

I was asked by Michigan State University's Office of National and International Fellowships and Scholarships to make a five-minute video about the application process. My attempt to persuade students about the benefits of writing up lengthy essays in the midst of busy college life is here.

Looking back, I truly can say that the application was entirely worthwhile, completely independent of winning the Marshall. I wrote many, many other applications that were unsuccessful, but with each, I learned a bit more about myself and how to articulate where I wanted to go. I'm incredibly grateful to everyone who helped me with draft after draft after draft...those personal statements shaped me as much as any of the activities I was writing about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment