Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Disney and Harry and Cami, oh my!


Wowzie. That was a weekend.

Audrey and I drove from Grand Rapids to Dearborn Wednesday night for an early morning flight from Detroit to Orlando on Thursday.
Friday, I saw my sister, her partner, and my nieces and nephew for the first time in far too many years. And there was the little side detail of being at Disney. We laughed, we cried, we carried on. Friday was Magic Kingdom day – Mickey and Princesses and Coasters, oh my! Saturday we went to Animal Kingdom (my favourite) for a fantastic show of The Lion King, more coasters, a close-up with Donald, and all kinds of delights. That evening, Audrey and I snuck off with Cami the eldest to Hollywood Studios for some evening fun and more coasters – and a pillow fight with Buzz and Woody on Andy’s bed!
And then came Sunday. Oh, Sunday.
DIAGON ALLEY.
Universal Studios just opened a second section of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. They’ve had Hogsmeade set up in the Islands of Adventure Park for several years, but now you can take the Hogwarts Express to the second park and enter Diagon Alley through London near Grimmauld Place. Audrey, Cami, and I had one heck of a time exploring Gringotts (we may have ridden the Escape ride 3 times…), Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, and Ollivander’s. And we got to eat at The Leaky Cauldron for lunch! It was pretty much a perfect day.
Heading back to Michigan now to get on a train to Chicago…where I’ll write a chapter of my PhD while my family friends are at school.
The past few days involved some 1500 iPhone photos. I won’t post all of them. But each is worth 2000 words, so I’d best throw at least a couple at you:






















No comments:

Post a Comment