Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Lisbon Tourism

I'm in Portugal for the first time, attending a summer school (intense short course for researchers) on participatory methods. Conveniently enough, Greg has a close colleague in the city, so he came along for the week and is working with João while I'm in class.
We came in a few days early and saw some pretty things, though...including an awesome aquarium and Sintra, a community about an hour from the capital with a glorious castle, multiple palaces, and some fabulous gardens. There may also have been a wee detour to the beach.










My class includes students and teachers from Germany, Hungary, Brazil, Austria, Poland, France, Spain, Portugal, and the Democratic Republic of Congo. I'm the only native English speaker in the room. It's really quite, quite cool. And I'm even learning something. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Pictures are wonderful--Portugal is lovely. Glad you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete