Monday, July 27, 2015

K+ Spotlight Programme

I'm teaching this week through The Brilliant Club, the charity that places PhD students in non-selective state schools around the UK to deliver university-style tutorials to students in order to raise aspirations and give them a taste of uni. But this week will be a bit different - I'm running the entire course, not as once-weekly sessions in a normal school routine, but as daily classes on a weeklong summer programme run through King's Widening Participation outreach. I'll have sixteen students spread over two tutorial groups. We start this morning with a campus challenge, sillily running about in a photography scavenger hunt. And then it's to work this afternoon, when my students will get an intro to my teaching style, the influence of journalism on society, and the Middle East. Fingers crossed that all shall go well and I haven't entirely forgotten my curriculum over all my summer travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment