Saturday, October 19, 2013

Oh, what a day...

Things that happened today in the life of Rebecca:
  • I got to see Malala Yousafzai in action - and also two of her friends from Pakistan, Kainat Riaz and Shazia Ramzan, who were on the bus with her and now go to school in south Wales. (By the way, my university gave Malala an honorary Master of Arts...)
  • I sat directly behind Sir Tim O'Shea, the Principal of my university, and an alumnus of ours...Gordon Brown.
  • The former President of Ghana, His Excellency John Agyekum Kufuor, chastised me for not spending more time in sub-Saharan Africa.
  • I took Zainab Bangura, the UN Special Representative on Sexual Violence in Conflict, to the airport.
  • I also had lunch with all of the above people.
Don't ever let anyone tell you grad school can't be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment