Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year

All the best for meaningful and mostly positive reflections of 2014, and happy happy thoughts for the incoming 2015 to all!

I rang in the New Year in style in London, though I hadn't meant to. I was planning to stay in (I can see the fireworks from my flat, and really didn't need to go out in the throng). But a friend overbooked a really fancy tasting menu at a restaurant on the Thames, so off I went to: http://www.chinolatino.eu/london/NYE. The food was rather delicious, and we popped outside for the midnight fireworks from the Mayor of London, which are always quite spectacular.

A wee bit of dancing, and home Becca went in order to be able to wake up reasonably and get back to work. Which I successfully did!

Also happy: Victory for MSU! My undergraduate university won their American football game in quite the dramatic way yesterday, so that was all exciting (via the glimpses I got whilst calling family and checking Facebook).

All in all, not a bad way to kick things off.

Happy New Year, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment