Tuesday, February 3, 2015

EPD and LWRG Annual Lecture

Today was the Annual Lecture for the Environment, Politics, and Development Research Group at King's College London. Erik Swyngedouw came from the University of Manchester to speak on ‘Liquid Power: Contested Hydro-Modernities in Twentieth-Century Spain’. 

Given the content, the lecture was held in conjunction with the London Water Research Group - which means I had fun helping pour wine for the after reception and live tweeted from the @LondonWaterRG Twitter handle during the event. 

I helped revamp the LWRG Website a few weeks ago and have been attempting to keep our social media decently updated since. I've got a meeting tomorrow to discuss taking on a job in the Geography Department to help better publicise our water work - so hopefully things will continue to be updated reasonably. Chatting with some folks after the lecture, it became quite obvious I am not around the department very often...I know a sadly limited number of other students and faculty. Hopefully this will bully me into getting to know more of them properly. They're going to make an actual geographer out of me yet. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment