Friday, December 6, 2013

Budapest!

have arrived in Europe proper. Budapest is most definitely non-English. :)
I'm visiting Spencer, a mate from undergrad who came up to visit me in Edinburgh a month ago. He's finishing up his masters here in Hungary through an exchange programme with the University of Toronto. 
Thursday, Spencer had to take the GRE and his final class. So I had a very (necessarily) lazy day at the flat catching up on emails. 
He and I both have looming PhD application deadlines, so we are doing a "cafe crawl" through Pest's neatest coffee joints and forcing each other to write. 
I'm also getting a wee bit of tourism in there, never fear! Basilica, baths, and tours of the Jewish quarter are on our agenda! And Saturday we are bopping over to Vienna.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying strawberry hot chocolate. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment