Friday, October 17, 2014

Ahh, London

It is slowly sinking in that I actually live in London. 
For the first six-plus weeks, I was in and out of town so much - trotting off to Edinburgh, Norwich, Oxford, Cambridge - that I'm not sure my brain actually grasped the basic reality that I was living in London, instead of that being just another of the cities I was visiting. 
But the morning routine, and this particular neighbourhood, and meetings at uni are all starting to become properly normal. And I think, perhaps, I can now say with no small amount of shame/hesitation/irony...I'm an adopted Londoner. 

Oh glory. 

1 comment:

  1. I never understood why there was ever shame/hesitation/irony.
    I mean, pollution, big city, etc... but, come on, SHERLOCK HOLMES!
    And if nerdom isn't enough for you...
    THE BRITISH MUSEUM!
    AND YOU'RE A MEMBER!!!!!!!!!
    I mean, yes, empire building and colonization were horrible things. But now that it's (mostly) over for Britain, one might as well enjoy the fruit...

    /papa

    ReplyDelete