Monday, May 11, 2015

Cousin Reunion in Ireland

I am back on British soil after a very lovely jaunt to the Emerald Isle, the highlight of which was definitely the people - I got to see some Farnum cousins I haven't laid eyes on for 3-4 years and meet a fiancĂ©. 
Of course, even had the company been crap, the views would have made it worthwhile. Deanne found a fantastic travel guide that was well worth it, even though I don't generally buy the tourist books. She planned everything based off that, so I got to simply and happily sit in the back of the car snapping photos and taking in the glorious scenery as she shared various historical tidbits. The food was absolutely phenomenal and often accompanied by Irish fifers and fiddlers. 

All in all, a rather lovely interval. 
I am now in the UK for a whopping 30 hours before boarding a plane to a place I haven't been in some time...heading to the U.S. for two conferences and a wedding. We'll see how that shakes out - it's rather foreign to me these days! ;)










No comments:

Post a Comment