Friday, May 17, 2013

Babysitting, anyone?

I usually have Iorwerth ~20 hours a week, so a good deal of my time is spent babysitting this summer. This week, though, I'm putting in some extra hours. Tonight, I'm babysitting for a DEV faculty member who is seeing something fun involved with the Norfolk and Norwich Festival - "How Like an Angel", a gorgeous circus-esque performance meant especially for Cathedrals.
These kids are 8, 10, and 13, so it's quite a different job than the 2-year-old. It's been a while since I interacted for more than like three minutes with a pre-teen. We've had a lovely evening - we played "Twister". (And I don't want to admit to how long it's been since I've played that.)
Tomorrow is Saturday - which usually means a quiet day of work for Becca - but Anne-Marie has an all-day training out of town, and Eamonn is in Ireland...so Becca gets Iorwerth 6am-7pm, the lucky girl!
Lots and lots of baking will be happening tomorrow, I'm guessing. And, since the weather looks foul, quite likely a viewing of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang".

1 comment:

  1. Baking and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with a 2 year old sounds like a perfect day! I absolutely love that movie! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete