Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'm getting old

Of course, that title implies I was ever young.
I worked an online fair for UEA Tuesday night. We do chat booths on a platform called College Week Live quite frequently. It's a good way to advertise and to allow prospective and admitted students to chat through various questions and issues. I generally enjoy them: interesting questions and an easy way to make a bit of extra cash. The time difference, though, can be a bit of a challenge...when it's midnight for us, it's only 7pm for folks in California, which is, of course, prime time for students to take care of these kinds of errands. 
So I worked midnight to three am, and then got up at 7 to get Iorwerth to nursery. All of Wednesday, I was waiting to totally crash, but I actually felt just fine. 
The crash happened this morning. I was dragging out of bed quite severely.
Not really surprising. This is the woman who never pulled an all nighter for schoolwork in her life. No one at uni believes me that it never happened. Haha. 
Anyways, hopefully we will make it through today without a nap, since that would inevitably make it such that I can't fall asleep tonight, and we create a vicious cycle. 
I'm too old for this. Silly time zones! ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment