Monday, April 29, 2013

A Month in Review

The last month has been just a wee bit surreal.

From 28 March - 28 April, the following happened:
  • I picked up Maddy Bohl, a 16-year-old family friend, from Heathrow Airport for her spring break.
  • We traveled all around the UK and Ireland.
  • I visited the Government of Wales with the Marshall Commission.
  • I flew to America.
  • I spoke at a conference at Stanford, the video of which will be online in about a month.
  • I sat my masters exam.
  • I flew to Northern Ireland to speak on Race Relations in 21st Century America.
  • I spoke at a conference on the Future of Food Security at Oxford.
  • I saw Pink in concert.
 Total list of cities I spent significant periods of time (read: meal and/or at least 2 hour tourist experience):
  •  London, Cardiff, Caerphilly, Ayr, Belfast, Dublin, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Palo Alto, Norwich, Londonderry/Derry, Coleraine, Bushmills, Portrush.
  • That's 15 cities.
Random cool things I can now add to list of life experiences for Becca:
  • Met First Minister of Wales;
  • Toured my namesake's PhD turf;
  • Climbed to the top of a castle using a winding staircase;
  • Seen a bajillion shows in the West End;
  • Punted down Cambridge River;
  • Seen David Tennant's suit from "Doctor Who";
  • Attended a conference at the O2;
  • Learned about a Roman Legion Museum.
May I just remind you all that life is cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment