Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Oh, happy day!


Today has been a delightful day of productivity and settling in.

I have now:
  • Actually registered!  I'm all set with the university.  It required quite a bit of back-and-forth in life, but I am now good to go.  It's a bit of a relief to no longer feel as though I am here partially illegally.  :)
  • Met the Vice Chancellor (the equivalent of the University President).  The international scholarship advisor walked me over to say "hi."  He has the world's sweetest assistant.  (Seriously.  She's fantastic.)
  • Learned how to use the UEA library services...most importantly, I can now print!
  • Registered with the National Health Service.
  • Enrolled for my modules (courses).  More on those in a bit.
  • Chatted with Mark a good deal about course selection and life in general.  Way too much fun.
  • Had tea with the scholarship advisor and met her husband and toddler son.  Baby-sitting is coming my way!!
  • Explored phone options.  I think I'm going to become a total sell-out and get an iPhone...
  • Changed my room swap form in the Accommodation Office in an attempt to move into the City.
  • Explored bicycle options.  I should have one by the end of the week.
  • Explored the possibility of a trip to Stanford in April...see http://www.stanford.edu/group/amends/cgi-bin/.
  • Considered becoming a Global Voice.  International students at UEA are placed on panels and put into classrooms to chat about life, the universe, and everything from the perspective of their home country.  Not sure how many folks will be interested in an American, so I'm going back and forth about actually applying.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Such a busy girl...
    Glad you are having fun!!

    xoxoxoxo
    mom

    ReplyDelete