Thursday, September 20, 2012

UEA Arrival


Just in case two orientations weren’t enough, here’s one more!
Most international students actually arrived earlier this week; I think I’m one of the last to trickle in. Friday, UEA is repeating sessions in the morning and afternoon on managing money, library services, safety and security, residence living, that kind of thing. I don’t think I’m going to make it to Norwich in time for either of those sessions. So I will likely spend Friday settling into my room and start official activities on Saturday.
Saturday includes a session on “Studying in the UK” with a “learning enhancement tutor,” a briefing on how the international students advisory team can be useful for us, and a “quiz around campus,” which I’m assuming means a scavenger hunt. We also have a postgraduate studies introduction and a presentation from the students’ union.
Sunday we have a treasure hunt around Norwich, which should be a fabulous way to get to know my new home a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment